This isn't directed directly at anyone in particular, but I don't get why there
is all the fuss about a quality issue though, after all, these guides/scripts
are meant to have many eyes on them and critical views. Like others have said
too. Take for example the suggestion with the multiple sub-forums having
moderator volunteers (who have proper insight) moving them along as they
mature. This would heighten the quality, by only accepting guides/scripts which
had proper review of knowledgeable people, would be put forward. Similar can be
done with individual works too, which can be put under review before
acknowledged.

NASA is doing something similar to this for their research projects, although
it does hinder their innovation, but it does increase efficiency on cost and
reliability of projects, while still preserving some levels of innovation in it.

The point here, is that nothing gets through the process before it had proper
review, it will only come through if it has a certain quality to it. If
creators misses something important, or ignores vital security/reliability
implications, this will more likely than not be caught in the review process.
Also the review system could be made so that it can withdraw it's
acknowledgments, thereby if anyone should ever finds a reliability/security
issue, it can be taken back as well.

If people run un-reviewed or criticized guides/scripts, despite being warned
not to, or to be careful and try to understand what the script/guides does
before executing it, then if they don't do that, it's their own fault.

What worries me a bit, are self-fulfilling prophecies, by being worried about
an issue, that the person essentially creates the issue by focusing too hard on
it. Many of these issues we can solve, it's not rocket science, they're not
impossible obstacles that can't be overcome. The problem though, is if some
don't want to consider the whole full complete picture, and focuses too hard on
their self-fulfilling prophecies. We need to take a step back and reflect more
on a holistic and abstract level, before returning to the details again, and
then constantly shape the big picture until it improves.

If guides/scripts are constantly checked and corrected every time someone finds
a flaw in them, then what's the issue? Why is this issue blown so much out of
proportion? We're talking about a review system no one else is doing on the
internet here (maybe I overlooked it, the internet is massive, but it's not
common knowledge at least).

Generally, the criticism that follow other poor guides/scripts on the internet,
does not automatically warrant criticism of guides that are put through an open
review system like this.

I don't want to see criticisms born from examples of other places, when a
review suggestion is different from any of these places the criticisms are
born. Lets be practical about this, we can't just move criticisms from one
place to another, without first taking into account if the system produces the
same issues or not. I'm not saying this to any particular person, but an
attempt to try get back on the ground again, we're moving too far into the
details without looking at the big picture. <-- if a person does that too much,
they become legitimately insane as a result, so too a discussion can become
insane too. We need some practical reality checks here and stay on the ground.

It's a bit of irony that wanting closed development by few developers only,
kind of echo's the mentality of closed proprietary code, rather than the
mentality of open source. The whole idea of open source code, is reviews and
checks, this is just a shift towards doing the same with guides/scripts as well.