On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 3:15:13 AM UTC+1, Andrew David Wong wrote:

It would feel bad if causing you trouble rather than helping, I hope we will be
able to provide help :) I can only speak for my self, but I believe others feel
the same, feel free to correct us if we're doing something wrong with this
community project. <-- when I say "us", it is based on my belief, but as said I
can't speak for everyone. I mean, it would be horrible if we impacted Qubes in
a way that you guys didn't like, after all the amazing work you guys did with
Qubes over all these years, you guys essentially poured your souls into this.
Consider to bring out that whip if something is off!

If I interpreted this correctly, my understanding is that it's preferred that a
community like this to have an inviting GUI platform, so that it can easier
gain traction and build up users, and include more people? i.e. github is not
desired for the central community environment?

Maybe we could beta-run a volunteer run GUI based platform first before you
decide if it should be made official on i.e. recognized on the Qubes website
with a link? testing the waters a bit by dipping the toe in, before taking a
full dive. With only some platform volunteers aware of it at first to test it?
If it works, then we can always scale it up, or if it should fail, then change
direction or start-over with a new discussion. Something like that, a beta run
could be insightful before any final decisions are made.

I hesitate to use the forum word here, perhaps a new fresh discussion is
warranted as for which platform to use? But if GUI is an important factor to
include, then a forum might be the most suitable? There will always be some who
don't like every platform though. But did I understand it correctly that the
Qubes staff actually likes the idea of a forum, but just doesn't have the
man-power to run it? i.e. if you had the volunteers, then this is a desired
platform/direction seen by the Qubes staff to go? Maybe preserving the
mailing-lists, but integrating a forum where a forum makes sense, and then keep
the mailing-lists as they are now and have them coexist?