On Tue, March 20, 2018 1:28 pm, Yuraeitha wrote:

> Also note if you for example link your drives directly into an AppVM for
> example via qvm-block or qvm-usb, as far as I understand it, you're
> essentially exposing the firmware of the drives/thumb-drives

That's partly (since the USB controller remains in sys-usb which I imagine
restricts access somewhat) true of qvm-usb but not qvm-block. Ideally,
when you use qvm-block you attach a partition to a VM. By attaching the
whole block device instead, you additionally expose the VM to partition
table level attacks, but still not firmware.