Heh.  It seems to me that the "Reasonable" in Qubes "A reasonably secure
operating system" has differing values of "reasonable" depending on the user.
I have qubes on a triple boot machine (one hard drive).

The fact is that there is, and always will be, an inverse relationship between
security and usability, and one has to decide on the balance on an individual
use basis.  Security isn't a toggle.  It's a little like locks.  You lock your
luggage not to stop someone determined to break in, but mostly just to stop it
from spontaneously popping open as it gets thrown around by baggage handlers.
You lock your car not to stop someone with a hammer and a crowbar, but to
discourage people just pulling on door handles to see what they can get.  You
lock your doors to your house not to stop a guy with a tank, but to encourage
your average thief to go next door.  You build a gun safe so that it takes
significant machinery to get in, and a home intruder will not be able to get
your weapons.  You build a safe room so that it takes machinery and lots of
time to get in.

The same thing is true here.  Qubes is cool, and it provides significantly more
security/privacy than "regular" linux, which provides more security/privacy
than Windows.  Most of us are not being targeted by the NSA.  Most of the folk
I know are mostly just sick of Google and Facebook et al. stealing our lives,
and don't like the idea of trivial routine surveillance of our lives.  For
that, security isn't an all or nothing thing.  It's a continuum, and there's
nothing "wrong" with making "reasonable" compromises for the sake of usability
-- if one knows and is willing to accept the risks.

IMHO, of course.

billo