On 03/28/2018 05:02 PM, Ringo wrote:
Greetings.  I have a Purism 15v3 laptop with an Atheros AR9462 wi-fi card.  The card
works under Qubes but it's slow, with bit-rate of only 6/mpbs.  I had this issue before,
on the same laptop when it was first shipped with the PureOS distribution (a debian
distribution) and was able to fix it by installing a firmware package found at
https://packages.debian.org/buster/firmware-atheros.   However, I'm not able to install
this same "firmware driver" under Qubes, since it's in debian format and not
fedora.

I downloaded a tool called "alien" which was able to convert the package into RPM format
but then when I tried to install it using DNF in the SYS-NET cube, I received an error saying
"firmware-atheros-20170823-2.noarch" conflicts with package
linux-firmware-201771215-82.git2451bb.fc26.noarch.

I'm thinking perhaps I should uninstall this conflicting package in order to
install the atheros one that I know worked under PureOS, but frankly, I'm a bit
out of my depth at this point and wondering if this makes sense to you all or
might have other advice.  Appreciate any thoughts you may have to assist.

Warm Regards, Ringo

I'd suggest using a Debian template for your sys-net; It takes time to download but its fairly simple. You may want to try using the Debian-supplied firmware first to see if that resolves the issue:

sudo apt-get install firmware-atheros

If that's not new enough you can follow Debian directions for installing from a newer repository (e.g. Buster).

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket