Hello,

taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> schrieb am Do., 29. März 2018, 20:36:

> I believe in this case you should be contacting your vendor for
> technical support - you certainly paid more than enough to deserve some.

[...]
> "We are doing the best we can"
> Wrong.
> There are companies that are releasing real libre firmware computers,
> brand new and fast, fully open source and owner controlled (but purism
> doesn't want you to know that)

[...]

While some of your point might be true, I don't understand why Purism gets
so much bashing.
Every User who buys a Purism laptop has still a better device and at least
paid attention to the topic privacy than others who buy regular
cheap/standard laptops.
And every user who got a Purism device and joins this community is a good
thing of others are so much better, they should just improve their
marketing ;-)
... and yes buying a cheaper refurbished device and installing Coreboot or
libreboot might be possible, this is nothing every user can do, maybe they
just want a slightly more secure device than a default windows laptop and
if Purism is the reason why a user is running Linux instead of Windows/Mac
this is a good thing.

If you blame Purism, than you should also be fair and request that a user
inspects the Mainboard of a refurbished laptop to make sure that the device
is not tampered with.

Also consider that some users just want a modell that looks sexier than the
Lenovo G505.

Maybe users buy a Purism laptop and next time they buy something even more
free ... That's still great.

[799]