On Mon, April 16, 2018 1:20 pm, Thierry Laurion wrote:
> Le lun. 16 avr. 2018 05:47, awokd <aw...@danwin1210.me> a écrit :

>> They don't have a titanium frame, but what laptops do these days? I did
>> a full Stretch linux-image build in 2.5 hours on one, but that's the
>> heaviest work I put it through. With 16GB RAM and a good SSD, they're
>> fast enough for what I need.
>>
> What is your CPU speed? How much lasts the battery? How is the screen?
> Does
> it feel bulky in a backpack?

My CPU speed is 1 linux-image build in 2.5 hours. :) It was capped on CPU
the whole time inside the HVM, so I think it's a good measure. In Hz, it's
2.5GHz x 4 core.

Battery life is short, maybe a couple hours under heavy Qubes use but I
just have the stock 4 cell in there. Usually leave it plugged in.

Screen is an ugly 1366x768 glossy. Don't like the chiclet keyboard either.
Never tried it in a backpack (see usually plugged in), but it's wider than
I like.

But all of those are secondary considerations for me. Primary was
something owner controlled (which as far as I'm concerned, is a
requirement for security). That's not true for everyone, and others have
different priorities. The "right" solution for someone is somewhere on a
multi-dimensional sliding scale.