> >>Hi, Taiidan! The OP seemed to recognize it was ideal to have devices in
>
>>separate IOMMU groups, so I assumed he was familiar with the warnings in
>>https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/assigning-devices/#pci-passthrough-issues and
>>just wondering if it was technically possible.

I am fully aware of the security problematics of PCI passthrough, but until
there is a secure solution to passthrough GFX to a VM (Qubes 4.1 I hope !)
I am going to continue this way and accept the security decline.

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 1:47:15 PM UTC+2, Marcus Linsner wrote:

> > I've observed that Qubes installation rarely ever succeeds on X370
motherboards so I believe the same case applies to X470 motherboards with a
higher chance of failure since it is newer. The reason for this I believe
is because these high-end gaming motherboards have alot of
functionalities/bugs that break/interfere with Qubes installation which is
an awful letdown.

> I've had no issues installing Qubes R4.0 several times(for fun) on Asus
PRIME X370-A motherboard.
My bad: I just realized you were talking about X370 not Z370, and I've
typoed Z370-A above

Qubes 4.0 installs great on X470 Taichi Ultimate (Compatibility Support
Module mode, didn't try true UEFI) and R7 2700 ! GFX passthrough of AMD
5850 in Windows 10 Guest on xl instructions works too. I continue the
testing before posting a complete HCL of the platform. Some error messages
to sort out.

Thanks for the help :)