On 1/4/19 1:37 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> On 1/3/19 11:31 PM, John S.Recdep wrote:
>> On 1/3/19 2:51 PM, 22rip-2xk3N/kkaK1Wk0Htik3J/w...@public.gmane.org
>> wrote:
>>> Thanks 799...I learned something!
>>>
>>> Similar to 799 but less hardcore...I always download a fresh
>>> template(vs upgrade). In my case I ran with a full/fresh
>>> Fedora-29 after the Fedora-28 hplip issues, and added any new
>>> software from fresh:
>>>
>>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/
>>>

>> hmm, ok let's say I just use the new fresh 29 template, is there
>> some way that I can know what non-stock software I installed on my
>> Fedora-28 template, as I can't remember all that I may have
>> installed ....
>

> This is more of a Fedora question than a Qubes question. As far as I
> know, there isn't a clean way to do this. Following Marek's advice
> from years ago, I just keep a list of the packages that I install in
> each of my templates.
>

>> So, no advice on upgrading from my 28 template at this time? I find
>> it strange that the template is in the dom0 updates available, but
>> I see no notice  in the news section on qubes website nor here
>

> See:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4223
>
> and
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-doc/pull/739

So, Andrew does this mean that although the Fedora-29 Template is
available via sudo qubes-dom0-update  that it still has issues and hence
it is not officially advisable to use it ? ( whether via 'fresh' d/l nor
'upgrades' ? )

Forgive me, am just a layman, not sure what I would expect to interpret
from the github links (perhaps the fact that there are any issues
provides the answer?)

My repos are just the default qubes 4.0+ versions