On 1/5/19 12:26 AM, 799 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Sa., 5. Jan. 2019, 05:01 hat John S.Recdep
> <yrebstv-sgozh3hwpm2stnjn9+b...@public.gmane.org>
> geschrieben:
>
>> [...]
>> BTW all: no luck with the suggested methods of determining what extra
>> packages I may have installed in the fedora-28 Template ..... but I'll
>> just live with the fresh fedora-29 template
>

> I had the same problem and that's why I am setting up my templates only via
> scripts which I can run from dom0.
> This improves speed to rebuild templates and also I know exactly what I
> have installed.
>
> What you can do to get the differences between two templates:
>
> 1) run "dnf list installed > packagelist1.txt
> Do the same in the other VM
>
> 2) compare both lists:
> grep -Fxv -f packagelist1.txt packagelist2.txt
>
> - O

I'm running this in fed-28 terminal and fed-29 template terminal ; mv
file2 to the other template  but your grep cmd is just showing a list of
all packages, maybe because of the version update numerical changes ...
guess I can look back at previous post of how to remove the version
change numbers, if it might matter