On 2/4/19 4:12 PM, Stuart Perkins wrote:

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 21:27:44 +0100
Stefan Schlott <ste...@ploing.de> wrote:

On 2/4/19 5:59 PM, Stuart Perkins wrote:

I do not know the official stance or method, but I symbolically link from the
standard appVM location to my other drive where I have the larger appVM's.
Mine is always available so I don't know if Qubes would boot if it weren't, but
it is a thought...obviously the drive would need to be available to start the
appVM's located thereon.

This is what I did on Qubes 3.2. On Qubes 4.0, I used the new thin pool
provisioning, so the symlink trick doesn't work anymore...

Stefan.

Ah, but if the path must be "provisioned" in order to boot qubes itself, that
sounds like a more difficult way to do it.

The workaround would be to have either A) installed Qubes with a regular filesystem (without thin LVM) or B) setup a secondary but "always available" non-LVM pool on your internal drive. Then symlinks can be used.

@Stefan: Would you post this as a feature-request issue? If not, I may do so because having Qubes support removable storage pools automatically could be valuable to a lot of people.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket