On 2/4/19 4:42 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 2/4/19 4:12 PM, Stuart Perkins wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 21:27:44 +0100
>> Stefan Schlott <ste...@ploing.de> wrote:

>>> This is what I did on Qubes 3.2. On Qubes 4.0, I used the new thin pool
>>> provisioning, so the symlink trick doesn't work anymore...
>>>
>>> Stefan.
>>>

>> Ah, but if the path must be "provisioned" in order to boot qubes
>> itself, that sounds like a more difficult way to do it.
>>

> The workaround would be to have either A) installed Qubes with a
> regular filesystem (without thin LVM) or B) setup a secondary but
> "always available" non-LVM pool on your internal drive. Then symlinks
> can be used.
>
> @Stefan: Would you post this as a feature-request issue? If not, I may
> do so because having Qubes support removable storage pools
> automatically could be valuable to a lot of people.

Here are my notes on adding a 2nd disk to Qubes 4.  I think they
correctly document what I did, but it was several months ago.

There was a page called this that I referred to.
https://www.qubes-os.org/secondary-storage

I don't see that page today.

sudo su -

cryptsetup luksFormat --hash=sha512 --key-size=512
--cipher=aes-xts-plain64 --verify-passphrase /dev/sdb

use blkid to see the new item

add it to  /etc/crypttab

reboot

pvcreate /dev/mapper/luks-c38b8e68-ce41-4474-81c9-226599812715

vgcreate qubes_data /dev/mapper/luks-c38b8e68-ce41-4474-81c9-226599812715

lvcreate -T -n qubes_disk2 -l +100%FREE qubes_data

qvm-pool --add pool_qubes_disk2 lvm_thin -o
volume_group=qubes_data,thin_pool=qubes_disk2,revisions_to_keep=2

# to create vm using this pool
qvm-create -P pool_qubes_disk2 --label blue data