Hi,

assume there are files stored in a qube without networking. Furthermore assume
there's a secured backup server located in the internet. This server is only a
storage of client-side (before data is sent over the wire) encrypted files.
What options do you imagine to backup those files (skip the client-side
encryption) to the server?

I can imagine the following options:
1. enable temporary the network with firewall restricted to the server for  the
(previously offline) qube
     Advantage: no inter-vm copying of files.
    Disadvantage: firewall rules must be setup correctly to avoid to bypass any
other traffic like icmp/dns etc. I can imaging a potential information leakage
due to enabling network access.
2. copy files temporary to another qube (dvm?) with a firewalled internet
connection
    Advantage: files not being backed up can stay secured in the non-network
cube. Leakage of data is reduced in comparison to 1.
    Disadvantage: can take time and needs additional disk ressources

I've learned that you should always find at least 3 options, otherwise you
haven't thought hard enough. Which options am I missing?

Which option would you prefer and why?

Best, Pete