‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Monday, April 8, 2019 2:29 PM, haaber <haa...@web.de> wrote:

> > Addition: but even after successful compilation, the hash still didn't
> > match for me, probably because of what Thomas Leonard already mentioned (
> > https://github.com/mirage/qubes-mirage-firewall/pull/52 ). Can we get a
> > 0.5.1 release? I'd contribute with a more step-by-step build instructions
> > doc for Qubes + Debian (no need for Fedora).
>
> Q1: So you got through without the stange " mkdir: cannot create
> directory '/home/opam/qubes-mirage-firewall/_build': Permission denied"
> error at the final build that blocks me ?
>
> Q2: How do you integrate the pull/52 into the qubes-mirage-firewall
> folder without fiddling files by hand?

I don't get that mkdir error. After integrating pull/52, the hash matches.

This is what I do:

# # # In dom0 root terminal:

# We can't use a DisposableVM, as their disk size can't be increased while
running, so let's create a normal AppVM
qvm-create miragebuild --class=AppVM --label=red
--template=some_debian-10_template
# Give it some space
qvm-volume resize miragebuild:private $((20*1024*1024*1024))
# Run it
qvm-run miragebuild gnome-terminal

# # # In miragebuild VM user terminal:

# The whole docker thing won't fit in /var/lib, but will fit in /home
sudo mkdir /home/user/var_lib_docker
sudo ln -s /home/user/var_lib_docker /var/lib/docker
sudo apt update
sudo apt install docker.io
git clone https://github.com/mirage/qubes-mirage-firewall.git
cd qubes-mirage-firewall
# Fix the reproducible build
git pull origin pull/52/head
# By default docker under Qubes can't get out to the network, so we use
--network=host, this is a single use VM anyway
sed s/'docker build -t qubes-mirage-firewall .'/'docker build --network=host -t
qubes-mirage-firewall .'/ build-with-docker.sh >build-with-docker_networkfix.sh
# Let's build
sudo sh ./build-with-docker_networkfix.sh

# done.

After this the hash matches
(ce9a16b6f5ce0123f289b3586492f9f4b921f6e788f8e333784545807bb1b0f2)