Hello qmirfw,

'qmirfw' via qubes-users <qubes-users@googlegroups.com> schrieb am Di., 9.
Apr. 2019, 00:51:

> On Monday, April 8, 2019 11:40 PM, 799 <one7tw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >     Any ideas what I am missing?
>
> I don't know. I just did a build using fedora (based on unmodified Qubes
> fedora-29 template) and got no error, final checksum checks out. This is
> what I did:
> (...)

Thanks for the summary, this is what I was looking for. I am using
fedora-29-minimal for all my AppVM's, therefore I didn't thought that the
problem might be template related.
I'll run the same steps you did tomorrow.

As far as I have understand the VM is just for the building process and
that I can find the result a file called mirage-firewall.tar.bz2 in the
_build folder afterwards and that I need to transfer this folder to dom0
and unpack it to /var/lib/qubes/vm-kernels
Then I can use the new kernel.

Maybe a stupid question, but ...
As the AppVM including docker is just needed to build the kernel, wouldn't
it be much easier if the mirage-firewall can be added via a sudo
qubes-dom0-update like any other package?

Maybe only in the testing or a community repository?

- O