On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:42 AM, 799 <one7tw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the summary, this is what I was looking for. I am using
> fedora-29-minimal for all my AppVM's, therefore I didn't thought that the
> problem might be template related.
> I'll run the same steps you did tomorrow.

Yes I noticed after posting that you used fedora-29-minimal and tried to do the
build in a minimal based AppVM and sure enough, got the same error as you.
However I'm no fedora person, not much of a docker guy and a first timer with
mirage, so I'll don't really want to go after this. Especially as the AppVM is
only for the build and can be thrown away after that.

> As far as I have understand the VM is just for the building process and that
> I can find the result a file called mirage-firewall.tar.bz2 in the _build
> folder afterwards and that I need to transfer this folder to dom0 and unpack
> it to /var/lib/qubes/vm-kernels
> Then I can use the new kernel.

Exactly. (Or if you don't trust that the .tar.bz2 file won't try to exploit a
bug in dom0 upon decompression, just transfer the 3 files in it separately. :) )

> Maybe a stupid question, but ...
> As the AppVM including docker is just needed to build the kernel, wouldn't it
> be much easier if the mirage-firewall can be added via a sudo
> qubes-dom0-update like any other package?
>
> Maybe only in the testing or a community repository?

Sure it would be, but the trust building is never easy.