Hey,

Just learned about Qubes OS a few days ago.

Jos seemed to have had a successful install of R3.0 with manual wireless
driver install -> HCL - HP Elitebook 8570p
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/gc2cOf6COVo/vYaS5cVCCAAJ>

I'm using a 32gb USB stick for install.  Used rufus to dd the 4.0 iso to
the drive from windows.

Here is a screenshot of the log screen just before it freezing (ie.
CTRL+F2, ALT+TAB):

https://ibb.co/Nttd8z5

Here are screenshots of the bios screens:

https://ibb.co/8Dq1J8F
https://ibb.co/qsr6gbf
https://ibb.co/C25N89F

I installed this multiple times, first with only the GUI screen then
switching to the anaconda shell during install. Same issue every time.
Tried manual disk provisioning too but gave up because my knowledge of
fdisk is very minimal: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/custom-install/

I'm an average Linux user although I'll give some questions/thoughts that
may help:

   - The laptop has an HP flavor BIOS menu and I can't turn the "HP
   Hypervisor" setting on
   - The /dev/sda1 device and volume qubes_dom0-root probably aren't
   provisioned properly
   - Bootloader image ie: pyanaconda.bootloader.LinuxBootLoaderImage object
   at 0x7ebc56fbea20 -> It seems it crashes when the bootloader object is
   being written or device is being opened/configured for writing? How do we
   check deeper here?
   - Running lsblk before install, it showed a few /dev/loop devices...
   could that be a problem? Need to google what these are...
   - When it freezes, I can't switch between screens with CTRL+F2... why?

Let me know if there is more info I should post or something I can do to
move forward/troubleshoot this.  Very excited to get his running.

Thanks,

Robbie