Hello,

Von: tetrahedra via qubes-users
Betreff: [qubes-users] Making a DispVM permanent

Is there a way to turn currently-running DispVM instance into a regular
permanent AppVM, which I can delete later?

----

The way I would do it:

1) Open a xterm in the same (!) disposable VM
qvm-run <dispvm-name> xterm

2) close all other windows in this dispvm
(Make sure that xterm is running in the VM to avoid that the VM gets deleted)

3) create a new VM which is not a disposable VM.
Start this VM.

4) tar.gzip the home directory of the Disposable VM and extract it in the App
VM.
You have several options:

1) make an archive of the dispvm-home and store it in /tmp of the dispvm, then
qvm-copy this file to the other AppVM. Move it to the /tmp there and then
extract the archive

2) run a command from dom0 to tar.gzip /home in the dispvm and use pass-io to
pass the data to and extract command in the AppVM.

After you make sure that the data has been arrived in the AooVM you can close
the xterm window of the dispvm which will delete the dispvm.

I haven't verified the above steps, but it should work.

[799]