On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 7:37:40 AM UTC-4, one7...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> *Von:* tetrahedra via qubes-users
> *Betreff:* [qubes-users] Making a DispVM permanent
>
> Is there a way to turn currently-running DispVM instance into a regular
> permanent AppVM, which I can delete later?
>
> ----
>
> The way I would do it:
>
> 1) Open a xterm in the same (!) disposable VM
> qvm-run <dispvm-name> xterm
>
> 2) close all other windows in this dispvm
> (Make sure that xterm is running in the VM to avoid that the VM gets
> deleted)

The one additional caution or clarification I suggest is:
Dom0 is monitoring whatever the first window/process was that it asked the
dispVM to open. If that window/process exits, the VM will be shutdown.

I typically open a dispVM xterm, open another xterm, and then window-shade
and/or minimize the original one...just to avoid mistakenly closing it and
exiting the VM early.

Brendan