Andrew David Wong:
Please note that no user action is required regarding the OS version in
dom0. For details, please see our Note on dom0 and EOL. [6]
[6] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-versions/#note-on-dom0-and-eol

Is it *possible* to upgrade dom0 to, say, F30, if we wanted to? I seem to remember reading somewhere it's pretty much impossible, but I haven't been able to find that article.

I have a newer machine, and I've found several hardware features that work under F30 but not F25 and not under Qubes even with the same kernel version as tested in F30 (suggesting the Fedora userland plays a role too).

It seems like the 5+ version lag could be holding back a lot of potential Qubes users. Especially considering Qubes/Xen is quite hardware-sensitive to begin with.