On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:11:45 AM UTC-4, unman wrote:

> If you want to install a package, don't open the template and install it
> there, edit the install.sls file to include the package, and run
> `qubesctl --skip-dom0 --targets=<template>  state.apply install`

Dumb question, where is install.sls (or where should I create it)? I poked
around in /srv in dom0 but still not sure

> I have full systems set up in salt to customise a new install as I want,
> with new templates and different setups. Sometimes it can be a bit
> shaky, and you *have* to check the logs, but it's great to run the full
> state, have a coffee, and come back to a fully configured system.
> For travel, I have a minimum state I can download and apply, to get a
> workable system with gpg, vpn, ssh set up out of the box. So cool.

Very intriguing. I am looking at

https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.pkg.html

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/salt/

....lmk if there is anything else I should read!