On 5/31/20 10:02 PM, dhorf-hfref.4a288...@hashmail.org wrote:
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 12:45:22PM -0700, Boot problems wrote:
Hello, I wanted to migrate from my old hhd to a new ssd, I installed
[...]
could it be a grub issue? What can I do?

assuming you were NOT reinstalling because you were compromised...

- just boot your new qubes system
- with the old HDD attached (directly or through USB)
- check if there are partitions on it (fdisk -l /dev/hdx)
- open the luks container from the HDD (google: cryptopen)
- you should now have access to the lvm volume of your old system
- with that access, you can create replacement vms and dd over their
   private volumes.

At least in the past there were issues when different devices had the same volume group name, especially when the devices were cloned.
Maybe you need "pvchange -u ..." and "vgchange -u ...".
To protext yourself, you should (at least temporarily) rename one of the two identical VGs (which can be a challenge by itself).

see how far you can get on that list.
ask more specific questions as required.