Hello Demi,

Demi Marie Obenour schrieb am Freitag, 10. Juni 2022 um 23:42:57 UTC+2:

> 'vr'
> > >>

> At least in the default setup (no sys-gui-gpu), your credentials are
> specific to dom0. Everything else will let you log in on the console
> as any valid user without a password. “root” will give you a root
> shell, while “user” will give you a shell as the same user that GUI
> programs run as.

Thanks for that clear explanation.

> > > I tried to open a console in 'sys-firewall' - and - could not login.
> > >
> > > However, I (obviously) could open a terminal in 'sys-firewall' ...
> > >
> > > Here's the content of /etc/qubes-rpc/ :
> > >
> > > [user@sys-firewall ~]$ cd /etc/qubes-rpc/
> > > [user@sys-firewall qubes-rpc]$ ls
> > > qubes.Backup qubes.PdfConvert qubes.SuspendPostAll
> > > qubes.ConnectTCP qubes.PostInstall qubes.SuspendPre
> > > qubes.DetachPciDevice qubes.ResizeDisk qubes.SuspendPreAll
> > > qubes.Filecopy qubes.Restore qubes.USB
> > > qubes.GetAppmenus qubes.SaltLinuxVM qubes.USBAttach
> > > qubes.GetDate qubes.SelectDirectory qubes.USBDetach
> > > qubes.GetImageRGBA qubes.SelectFile qubes.UpdatesProxy
> > > qubes.Gpg qubes.SetDateTime qubes.VMRootShell
> > > qubes.GpgImportKey qubes.SetMonitorLayout qubes.VMShell
> > > qubes.InstallUpdatesGUI qubes.ShowInTerminal qubes.WaitForSession
> > > qubes.OpenInVM qubes.StartApp
> > > qubes.OpenURL qubes.SuspendPost
> > > [user@sys-firewall qubes-rpc]$
> > >

> > With Fedora 34 having reached EOL now, is there anything else I can do,
> > other than a complete new installation of Qubes OS R4.1 ?
>
> Installing “qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates” in sys-firewall’s template
> should fix the problem.

I checked which 'qubes-core' packages are installed in the 'sys-firewall'
VM on my system.

Here are the results:

    [user@sys-firewall ~]$
    [user@sys-firewall ~]$ dnf list --installed | grep qubes-core
    qubes-core-agent.x86_64                     4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates.x86_64        4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-nautilus.x86_64            4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-network-manager.x86_64     4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-networking.x86_64          4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root.x86_64   4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-qrexec.x86_64              4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    qubes-core-agent-systemd.x86_64             4.0.65-1.fc34
    @qubes-vm-r4.0-current
    [user@sys-firewall ~]$

So the package is installed - but - it is on version '4.0.65-1.fc34'. -
That does not look right to me ...

Do you have any further suggestions, what I could still try?

Or should I just wait until the dev-team will release Qubes OS version
4.1.1?

With kind regards,

Viktor