Hello Demi,

Demi Marie Obenour schrieb am Samstag, 11. Juni 2022 um 19:03:38 UTC+2:

> > Do you have any further suggestions, what I could still try?
>
> You should be able to manually change your DNF repositories in
> sys-firewall’s template. “dnf --best --refresh distro-sync” should then
> take care of the rest, unless I have missed something.

This sounded like a very simple exercise, however it did not improve
anything :-(

Here are my logs & notes:

###

I have not changed the templates for the 'sys- * ' VMs - and - I have also
not yet created any specific 'sys- * ' VMs.

* Therfore this needs to be applied to the 'fedora-34' template - OK - See
"Log-001".
* Close all Study-VMs - and - close / restart the affected 'sys- * ' VMs ...

### 2022-06-12 ~ 08:30 (UTC)

Try now to download the new 'fedora-35' templates again - OK? - See
"Log-002".

### Log-001

    [user@fedora-34 ~]$
    [user@fedora-34 ~]$ dnf --best --refresh distro-sync
    Error: This command has to be run with superuser privileges (under the
root user on most systems).
    [user@fedora-34 ~]$ sudo dnf --best --refresh distro-sync
    Fedora 34 - x86_64                               73 kB/s |  21 kB
00:00
    Fedora 34 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64        3.9 kB/s | 989  B
00:00
    Fedora 34 - x86_64 - Updates                     18 kB/s |  19 kB
00:01
    Qubes OS Repository for VM (updates)             14 kB/s | 3.8 kB
00:00
    Qubes OS Repository for VM (updates)            121 kB/s | 210 kB
00:01
    Dependencies resolved.

     Package        Architecture     Version                Repository
    Size

    Downgrading:
     dkms           noarch           3.0.2-1.fc34           updates
   58 k

    Transaction Summary

    Downgrade  1 Package

    Total download size: 58 k
    Is this ok [y/N]: y
    Downloading Packages:
    dkms-3.0.2-1.fc34.noarch.rpm                    194 kB/s |  58 kB
00:00

    Total                                            37 kB/s |  58 kB
00:01
    Running transaction check
    Transaction check succeeded.
    Running transaction test
    Transaction test succeeded.
    Running transaction
      Preparing        :
     1/1
      Downgrading      : dkms-3.0.2-1.fc34.noarch
    1/2
      Running scriptlet: dkms-3.0.2-1.fc34.noarch
    1/2
      Running scriptlet: dkms-3.0.3-1.fc34.noarch
    2/2
      Cleanup          : dkms-3.0.3-1.fc34.noarch
    2/2
      Running scriptlet: dkms-3.0.3-1.fc34.noarch
    2/2
      Verifying        : dkms-3.0.2-1.fc34.noarch
    1/2
      Verifying        : dkms-3.0.3-1.fc34.noarch
    2/2
    Notifying dom0 about installed applications

    Downgraded:
      dkms-3.0.2-1.fc34.noarch

    Complete!
    [user@fedora-34 ~]$

### Log-002

    [vr@dom0 ~]$
    [vr@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-35
    Redirecting to 'qvm-template install  fedora-35'
    [Qrexec] /bin/sh: /etc/qubes-rpc/qubes.TemplateSearch: No such file or
directory
    ERROR: qrexec call 'qubes.TemplateSearch' failed.
    [vr@dom0 ~]$
    [vr@dom0 ~]$
    [vr@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update
    Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may
take some time...
    No updates available
    [vr@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --clean --console --show-output
    Using sys-firewall as UpdateVM to download updates for Dom0; this may
take some time...
    warning: Converting database from bdb_ro to sqlite backend
    0 files removed
    Fedora 32 - x86_64                              6.8 MB/s |  70 MB
00:10
    Fedora 32 - x86_64 - Updates                    6.2 MB/s |  30 MB
00:04
    Qubes Dom0 Repository (updates)                 947 kB/s | 3.8 MB
00:04
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:03 ago on Sun Jun 12 08:40:15 2022.
    Dependencies resolved.
    Nothing to do.
    Complete!
    No packages downloaded
    No updates available
    [vr@dom0 ~]$

###

I really do appreciate your personal support - as well as - the one from
the Qubes OS community in general.

I'm using these troubles ( I'm having / making ;-) to learn more about
Qubes OS - and - hope that eventually I'll be able to give back myself  ...

With kind regards,

Viktor