Steve Coleman:

On Sat, Aug 12, 2023, 12:54 PM <ales...@magenta.de <mailto:ales...@magenta.de>> wrote:

    ales...@magenta.de <mailto:ales...@magenta.de>:
     > I am using a fresh installation of Qubes 4.1.1.
     >
     > When I use the File Manager Preferences tab there is a message
     > indicating that GVFS is not available.

You need to install the gvfs package in the template you are using for your AppVM.

It's not a standard package installed by default because it relies on many other packages. Do a search in your flavor repository (fedora,debian,etc) for the package and install it in your template, and then restart your AppVM.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gvfs <https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gvfs>

But this is not an AppVM or a template, I think. I am seeing this message from Dom0 environment.

Troubleshooting Steps:
a) Boot Qubes 4 and enter password to start login session
b) Open Qubes menu in top panel
c) Open System Tools, File Manager Settings
d) Open Advanced tab

The window title is "[Dom0] File Manager Preferences".

Here is the message under a title "Missing dependencies" and inside a blue box:

> It looks like gvfs is not available.
> Important features ... will not work.

It seems like this must be a problem I must fix.