Rich,

Correct; the interleaved modes, both symmetric and broadcast, are in the
development version now. They do not use 1588 hardware, although
conceivably they could with appropriate NICs. They use what I call
drivestamps, which are captured very close to the driver interrupt time.
In configurations here interleaved modes whack anywhere from 15
microseconds to 400 microseconds off the output queuing, buffering and
transmission delay. There is a chapter about it in my new book in
progress. It has more analysis and performance measurements. If somebody
wants to review and comment, I would be happy to provide a copy, but I
don't want to broadcast it, as it is copyrighted.

Dave