"jack" <> wrote in message
news:b15dd4f8-2611-4e3f-9ace-ad21c5f78...@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
> RGB:
>
> I tried the serial port on my B&B serial board and the 1PPS signal is
> not detected. I don't how how serialpps.sys sees the signal and am
> thinking the DCD signal is not sent over the PCI bus.
>
> jack

Jack,

Dave Hart is obviously the man who knows most about this, but my
understanding is that the DCD transition should create a hardware
interrupt, which then creates a software interrupt, which serialpp.sys
handles and notes the time of the transition, which the DLL/ntpd.exe can
later retrieve.  Even without the special serialpps.sys and DLL, ntpd.exe
can note the time of the transition, only just not as accurately.  We're
talking microsecond-level differences here.

I suspect that you may find an option to enable or disable DCD.  You seem
to have other COM-port issues from your next post.