Hi all again.

I'm still trying to follow the instructions at:-
http://blog.doylenet.net/?p=145
[]
I did have to go back into sysinstall, to download and install the
system sources, but after that, right up to the make buildkernel....
command, all had gone as described.

So, what's missing, and where how can I get it.

Anyone here know what went wrong, or do I go looking for a newbie
friendly f'bsd group (not found one of those yet.)

Cheers.

Dave B.

Dave,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Those instructions had worked for me. IIRC, I had downloaded the "kernel developer" set of files when installing FreeBSD. Perhaps you're missing a compiler or a linker?

To get a log of the session, you could login remotely over SSH. Enable SSH

http://nixcraft.com/all-about-freebsd-openbsd-netbsd/505-enable-ssh-service-bsd.html

and then see:

 http://www.scriptinstallation.in/freebsd_permitrootlogin.html

I use the TeraTerm Pro (free) Windows terminal emulator with this SSH add-on:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050702021104/http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

At least you can the cut-and-paste the last few lines with the error.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html