On 2010-05-09, Richard B. Gilbert <rgilber...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> If Dave Mills says "It can't work!" I think the burden of proof that it
>>> can and does work is on you.

His method has had a lot of both theoretical and experimental work. That
is great.

>> That is the problem.  He keeps referring back to his books and the
>> facts he has collected 20 years ago, and a changing environment is not
>> part of his world.
>
> Dave's math is beyond me but I'm willing to take it on faith.  It works!

I am a theoretical physicist. I understand David's math. It is not
difficult.

> I suspect that faster convergence would carry a price such as large
> amplitude oscillation!

No it does not.  Experimental fact from running chrony.

> If you can't stand it, roll your own!  You may find that it's far more
> difficult than you think!

Or use something that others have rolled for you-- eg chrony. Jut as
easy as using ntpd.

              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... nemo_outis
              • ... unruh
              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... Rob
              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... John Hasler
              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... David Lord
              • ... unruh
              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... John Hasler
  • Re: [ntp:quest... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists