David J Taylor wrote:
"Miroslav Lichvar" <mlich...@redhat.com> wrote in message news:hu5c32$p...@speranza.aioe.org...

On 2010-06-02, David J Taylor <david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

[]

.. including the popular GPS18 LVC. So it's better to have a driver which
reads the serial output of the GPS to confirm lock.

GPS18(x) LVC supports a PPS auto off mode which can be enabled with
"$PGRMC1,,,,,,,,,,,,,2" command.

--
Miroslav Lichvar

Interesting, Miroslav.  I was referring to this statement in section 4.4.1:

"After the initial position fix has been calculated, the PPS signal is generated and continues until the unit is powered down."

What exactly "auto-off" mode means is something I couldn't find in the technical reference for the 18x. I would love to think you are right, but I am struggling for evidence at the moment.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/pdf/NMEA_0183.pdf
http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/GarminMobile10forlaptops_PDAs_TechnicalSpecifications.pdf
nothing.

but: