On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 09:22 UTC, Kostas Magkos
<k...@islab.demokritos.gr> wrote:
> But what about symmetrical peering? I cannot verify this association.
> For example, when I query the servers for their peers with ntpq (ntpq
> -p) they give out a 'u' (in the 't' column) for each other. Shouldn't
> there be a 's' code, as in symmetric peer?

Please see http://bugs.ntp.org/1338.  As noted there, the type column
in the peers billboard (ntpq -p) was pretty screwed up prior to
4.2.7p14.  So, yes, if you use a recent 4.2.7 (ntp-dev) tarball, there
should be a "s" code.  Your OS is using ntpd 4.2.2 circa June 2006, so
in about four years, you should see your type column improve.

Cheers,
Dave Hart