> From: "David J Taylor" <david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid>
> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 07:30:20 +0100
> Sender: questions-bounces+oberman=es....@lists.ntp.org
>
> > This is a FreeBSD documentation and FreeBSD comes with a pretty good
> > default ntp.conf, much like several of you have suggested.
> >
> > You can find it
> > at:http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/ntp.conf?rev=1.2.2.1.4.1;content-type=text%2Fx-cvsweb-markup
> >
> > It has mostly comments with just a set of 3 (yeah, I know) pool systems.
> > --
> > R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
>
> Kevin,
>
> Yes, I must have edited a file like that when I set up my own FreeBSD
> system.  I would take issue with:
>
> - no drift file appears to be specified (although it is mentioned) - I
> had:
>
>   driftfile /var/db/ntp.drift

That is  because FreeBSD does this in the /etc/defaults/rc.conf file
(with the ability to change it in /etc/rc.conf).
ntpd_flags="-p /var/run/ntpd.pid -f /var/db/ntpd.drift" is in this file
and can be overridden by defining the variable differently in
/etc/rc.conf.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: ober...@es.net                  Phone: +1 510 486-8634
              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... David Lord
              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... David Lord
              • ... Chuck Swiger
              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... Miroslav Lichvar
              • ... David L. Mills
              • ... Miroslav Lichvar
              • ... David L. Mills
              • ... Kevin Oberman
              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... Richard B. Gilbert
              • ... David J Taylor
              • ... Chuck Swiger
              • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
  • Re: [ntp:quest... Steve Kostecke