"David Woolley" <da...@ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote in message news:iasmhg$52...@news.eternal-september.org...
[]
As to Linux, I would guess most users of ntpd are using Linux.

Any figures to back that up? Within my community of several hundred users, almost all are Windows, but behind firewalls and not visible to outside surveys. You may be underestimating the appreciation the Windows community has for NTP. A pity in a way that there nothing like the User-Agent field in the NTP packet to that servers knew what OS the client was using (or is there?).

[Of course, if you are referring specifically to a UNIX-like implementation, you are most likely correct]