"unruh" <un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message news:slrnij3r8s.a4g.un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
So you are separating the PPS from the nmea, and wondering how to get
them together again? The best way is for the same program to look at the
PPS and the nmea so it can associate them. Your process is to deliberately
separate them and then wondering why it is hard to associate them
again.

No. I am trying to resolve a problem where the reference NTP software produced occasional large jumps in my original configuration, and reporting how I updated the configuration to a successful resolution. I am not separating anything at all - the signals which come from the GPS device are already separate, and it is the reference NTP which "associates" them.