"unruh" <un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message news:slrnir4tou.j3t.un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
He did say a "timing receiver". That could mean a GPS receiver
specifically set up to supply time, including an on board temp
insensitive crystal to supply the time if the sattelite availability
goes to low.

.. and I don't think that the US $100 GPS 18x LVC claims to have that.

Also it is $42 since you need to receive it, unless you happen to be
visiting Hong Kong.
And then you have to solder a few wires onto surface mount pins.

.. but you don't need to pay US $100. Oh, and you do need to solder with the GPS 18X LVC as well.

Personally, I am delighted with the choice of GPS/PPS receivers now available at very affordable prices, and welcome the choice. "You pays your money and takes your choice".