> You might look at the peerstats file and also look at the "roundtrip"
> time. I might be that occasionally one of the paths from wireless to
> computer gets shorter ( clearer signal?) and ntpd will then take that
> as
> a good value, and an earlier value, and try to correct for that offset-
> -
> which it does by stepping the frequency.

This comment raises an interesting issue.  There is a large, significant,
and negative
correlation between "Delay" and "Offset."  The larger the delay, the more
toward
minus infinity the offset tends.  Recall that in the regression equation
Y = BX + A, B is the correlation between the variables X and Y.  So if the
correlation is significant, this implies that there is a relation between
them.
I can't think of a physical relation between delay and offset, so if NTP
finds
a relation, there has to be something wrong.

Charles Elliott