"Ron Frazier (NTP)" <timekeepingntpl...@c3energy.com> wrote in message news:4f60bc0c.8040...@c3energy.com...
[]
OK. Here are the loopstats from another computer for 7 days (in the chart). I don't have any peerstats for it. It has the same server list. One is preferred. All servers are active. Performance is no better.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9879631/TAZ%20loopstats%202012-03-07%20to%202012-03-14.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9879631/ntp.conf-TAZ
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9879631/loopstats.20120313-TAZ
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9879631/loopstats.20120314-TAZ

Sincerely,

Ron

That's horrible, Ron! Much worse than David Lord reports. It makes me want to ask a number of questions:

- is this PC connected over wireless or wired?

- what else is going through the router? Someone else downloading large files or using streaming audio or video?

- who else might be sharing your connection?

- what type of service do you have? Presumably not dial-up! But what speed?

- having checked you speed, would you describe your connection as "stable"?

The quiet periods (e.g early Monday morning, Tuesday lunchtime) are much nearer to what I would hope for, which makes me wonder whether something is interfering with the connection outside those times.