On Jun 3, 11:32 am, David Woolley <da...@ex.djwhome.demon.invalid>
wrote:
> skillz...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Has there been any independent comparison of NTP vs RADclock [1]?
> > Information on the RADclock site seem to indicate it performs pretty
> > well, but I haven't seen any analysis except from the RADclock
> > authors.
>
> This is the first I've heard of it, so I assume that it has never
> appeared on this newsgroup, and its authors are not active here.
>
> What really annoys me, though, is that it fails to describe the essence
> of the algorithm on the first page. That's par for the course for
> commercial software, but this says that it is open source.  Can you
> point me to where this information is provided (I think ntpd has a
> similar problem, though).

I've found it a little difficult to find this info as well. The main
advantages they talk about are absolute vs difference clocks (which
seems to be separating offset sync vs rate sync) and using a feed-
forward design (e.g. using raw processor ticks for calculations rather
than the result of previous sync adjustments). In terms of the network
protocol, it looks like it just uses NTP packets in the normal NTP
way.

It looks like the main documentation is the following PDF:

<http://www.cubinlab.ee.unimelb.edu.au/~darryl/Publications/
synch_ToN.pdf>