On 18/02/2014 21:28, Harlan Stenn wrote:
[]
Yes, please try adding: --with-yielding_select=yes

to your ../configure command line.  This may not work - I've had a
report that this didn't work for somebody else, but since I have no
cross-compile environment handy I can't check it out.

I don't expect you to be able to debug this.

sntp/libevent/m4/openldap-thread-check.m4 is where this is coming from.

Chuck, Harlan, I'm sorry to report that I got the same error again. My command-line was:

../configure --host=armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf --build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --with-yielding_select=yes

and the error:

  checking if select yields when using pthreads... cross
configure: error: crossing compiling: use --with-yielding_select=yes|no|manual

You are quite correct that I am unable to debug this!

Why the multiple checks on apparently the same test, by the way?

As a matter of interest, when compiling on the Raspberry Pi (to see what select yields or not, the warnings produced which did not go to std-out were:

configure: WARNING: libcrypto and libssl not found in any of /usr/lib /usr/lib/openssl /usr/sfw/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/ssl/lib /lib

configure: WARNING: did not find openssl/evp.h in any of /usr/include /usr/sfw/include /usr/local/include /usr/local/ssl/include

configure: WARNING: net-snmp-config present but net-snmp headers are not available!

configure: WARNING: libcrypto and libssl not found in any of /usr/lib /usr/lib/openssl /usr/sfw/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/ssl/lib /lib

configure: WARNING: did not find openssl/evp.h in any of /usr/include /usr/sfw/include /usr/local/include /usr/local/ssl/include

Google produced a few instances where adding the --with-yielding_select=yes switch didn't sure a similar issue.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu