On 2014-02-16 05:30, David Taylor wrote:
I have the script at the end of this note which successfully compiles a 32-bit
Linux kernel
for the Raspberry Pi when run on a 64-bit Debian run in a virtual machine under
Windows.
So far, so good.
What I would now like to do is to use the same tools to cross compile NTP for
the Raspberry pi
(because it takes an hour on the RPi itself).
I have been trying to follow the guide here:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/Cross-compilingNTP

The VM approach below may be more straightforward for the kernel, and by
adapting, for NTP:
https://learn.adafruit.com/raspberry-pi-kernel-o-matic
using VirtualBox and Vagrant.
Note at the end there are links for different configs for different kernel
distributions,
other than Raspbian, and hints on adaptation.

Also you may be able to xcompile using Windows Cygwin:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=cygwin+arm+linux+toolchain
especially:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4058#p117498
and followups.