On 06/12/14 12:27, Charles Swiger wrote:
Some folks will be satisfied with Miroslav Lichvar's simulations but I'm not
smart enough to understand them.  Other's will be convinced because they can
run Chrony on a Unix laptop and save power or discipline a clock with only a
few minutes a day of connect time.  I don't know who those people are.

Sure, those seem to have been the major use-cases that chrony wanted to handle.

RHEL, the subject of this thread, is not intended for laptops; it is intended for mission critical servers.