On 2015-02-07, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceule...@computer.org> wrote:
> On 07/02/15 10:29, Rob wrote:
>> I presume you meant this followup to the "multi PPS sources to a single
>> system" and then it is not true either, of course our systems have
>> at least 4 cores and they can service multiple interrupts at the same
>> time.
>
> On a single-core system I'd invert one of the PPS signals and then
> appropriately fudge the offset so that the two interrupts do not compete
> with each other.

Except I would not trust the gps to make the length of the pulse EXACTLY
1ms  to the nanosecond say. Ie, the pulse length could vary by the
10usec. But I have not tested this and it may well depend on the
manufacturer. The pulse length is usually there to make sure that the
interrupt hardware sees the pulse, and the manufacturer of the gps may
not decide it is worth making the pulse length exact.