On 22.09.2011 14:16, Nick Sabbe wrote:
Hello Uwe, and thanks for your interest in the issue.

There is most certainly not another process that stops working between the
two R CMD check calls (recently, I've made a habit out of being ready to
press<up arrow>  <enter>  in the seconds after running my first R CMD check,
to rerun it if it fails).

At worst, there may ever have been an explorer window open, but this is
definitely not always the case, and I'm sure this window was not closed
then, between the calls.

I'm really quite afraid it is more of a windows issue than an R issue, but I
was hoping you wizards might have a workaround (apart from the obvious
suggestion to install Linux), as it is immensely annoying...

I have not seen this problem so far (but then, I am mostly under Windows XP and winbuilder is Windows Server 2003).

Uwe

Nick Sabbe
--
ping: nick.sa...@ugent.be