In my original reply I wrote

The
facility in its current form does complicate the internal code and
limit some experiments we might otherwise do, so I would not be
surprised if it was at least substantially changed in the next year or
two.

This is obviously _not_ the time to invest effort in documenting or
expanding this facility. If you want to use it, go ahead. But you will
have to figure things out from what you have and be prepared for
changes under your feet.

If active bindings can do what you want that may be a safer route to
consider.

luke