On Apr 25, 2011, at 10:53 AM, kmatthews wrote:

Thanks to everyone... this helps a lot.  Just a quick question about
etiquette in this forum (as it my first time questioning)... are notes of
gratitude usually given in these forums?

The practice varies, some people do appreciate it. Doing so when one is not subscribed, however, adds many additional mouse-maneuvers to the moderator workload, ... wasted time in my opinion. I would suggest a private thank you message in that instance (or even more to be preferred ... subscribing.)

--
David.