Maybe some of the source() options will work.

Suppose you have the following in an R file:

#### junk.R ####
1:5
x = 1:10
library(ggplot2)
data(VADeaths)
pl <- ggplot(melt(VADeaths),aes(value, X1))+ geom_point() +
facet_wrap(~X2)+ylab("")
pl

Then from the command line:

> source("junk.R")
## No output

> source("junk.R, print.eval = TRUE)
[1] 1 2 3 4 5

and a window displays a graph.

Not sure if this will work with the HTML stuff (don't know the first thing
about the package), but it seems like a start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Weylandt