Hi everybody,
thanks for the replies.
I might have not explained the problem completely.
Duncan Mackay:
Yes, I am already having a master file and separate Rnw files.
Duncan Murdock:
I am using patchDVI in the TexShop Sweave engine.
Sync works flawlessly between the master file and the pdf produced by pdflatex.

My problem is that I don't seem to be able to obtain sync between the
*included* Rnws and the pdf, either way.

The sweave engine is as follows:

#!/bin/bash

R CMD Sweave "$1"
latexmk -pdf -silent -pdflatex=‘pdflatex –shell-escape
–synctex=1′"${1%.*}"
Rscript -e "library(‘patchDVI’);patchSynctex(‘${1%.*}.synctex.gz’)"

Funny thing is that the sync works in texworks, using the following Rscript line

patchDVI::SweavePDF('$fullname',stylepath=FALSE)

I tried to mix and match configurations between texshop and texworks but I had
no luck