On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, John Kane wrote:

I think this is more a technical question for the subject matter experts
than for R-help if I am understanding the question correctly.

John,

  I agree completely. Unfortunately, there is no R SIG devoted to CoDA, nor
any other mail list or Web forum that I've been able to find. There is a
CoDA Web site but no active forum.

That said, there seems to be an R package called compositional and a
corresponding book http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783642368080 that may
help. If nothing else the names of the author(s) of the package or book or
the references may give you some leads on some decent papers.

  In addition to compositions, there's robCompositions and zCompositions.
The book was where I learned how to analyze compositional data. I've
communicated with several of the dozen-or-so statisticians focused on CoDa,
and have a couple of dozen papers, book chapters, and proceedings of the
triennial conferences on compositional data analyses. I've also written a
monograph that demonstrates how CoDA models applied to benthic
macroinvertebrate functional feeding groups can assess water quality and be
used to set standards.

Thanks,

Rich