So all is good. You are successfully using the R pipe %>%  (before it
became part of R).
If you want to use the newer pipe that is part of R, i.e. |> instead of %>%
you will have to install a more recent version of R.
Your previous email with sessionInfo() showed that you are using R version
3.4.4 from 2018.
As other people have already told you, you will need to install R version
4.1.0 or later.

Good luck