On Fri, 7 May 2010, cheba meier wrote:

Dear Thomas,

I have been running simulations in order me to understand this problem! I
have found something online where the absolute median difference is computed
and permutations are ran to compute a p-value. Is such a test (if I can call
it a test) tests the null hypothesis that median group 1 = median group 2?

No, that is testing whether the median of the differences is zero.  This is not
the same as testing whether the difference of the medians is zero.

    -thomas

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Cheba